Fact Sheet and Awards
Golf is the number one tourism activity in the Gaylord Area.
Direct dollar impact from Green Fee/ Carts, Driving Range, Food and Beverage, and Pro-Shop Sales is over 18 million dollars annually.
The Gaylord Golf Mecca does over 350,000 rounds of golf annually over a 6-month period from May through October.
The Gaylord Golf Mecca was founded in 1987 with a total of seven courses. The area now offers 15 Championship golf courses and 17 hotel properties all within a 45-minute drive.
Great Lakes Golf Magazine selected Gaylord as the "Number one golf destination in the Midwest.
Golf Magazine has awarded Treetops Resort Gaylord Golf Mecca member, Treetops Resort, the prestigious Silver Medal Award.
Golf Digest ranked Gaylord among the 36 Best "Buddy Trips" in the United States.
Other national awards include:
- Top Ten Places To Play Before You Die - Golfweek
- Top 75 Resorts in America - Golf Digest
- Top 75 Resort Courses in America - Golf Digest
- 3rd Best New Resort Course in America - Golf Digest
- Top 100 You Can Play - Golf Magazine
- Best Courses in America - Golfweek
- Top 100 Modern Courses - Golfweek
- One of America’s Top 121 Golf Resorts – Conde’ Nast Traveler
- Sports Illustrated "Top 10 New Course" - the Tribute
- Top 100 Player Friendly Courses - Golf for Women
- "Top 10 You Can Play" - Golf Magazine 2000
- "America's 100 Greatest Public Courses" - Golf Digest #69 2012/2013
- "Best Value" - Golf Digest #9 from Top 100 List
- The Loon is a Butch Harmon Signature Course
- "Best Places to Play" 2008/2009 - Golf Digest
- Voted #1 golf course in Gaylord - Readers Choice Award 2014
- Top 100 player friendly courses - Golf for Women
- Top 25 Best Value Courses - Golf Advisor/Golf Channel