Never Too Late, Never Too Early in the Mecca
By Greg Johnson
The golf season is coming to a colorful close, but there are reasons for that last dash to the Gaylord Golf Mecca beyond the stunning leaves on all the beautiful trees.
It’s never too late when you are dealing with the Mecca, because even if you can’t make it this fall, you can start planning for that first trip next spring.
It’s always the right time and here’s why:
1. Great golf: 17 courses designed by the top architects in the world. Robert Trent Jones Sr., Tom Fazio, Rick Smith, Rees Jones, Jerry Matthews, Gary Koch, Wilfrid Reid, Don Childs and Bill Newcomb make it easy to name drop and the designs are drop-the-mic great. Book your preferred weeks and tee times ahead of time. Be the architect of your perfect trip.
2. Did we mention the courses? Well, how’s this lineup? The Classic and Tribute at Otsego Resort, Lakes of the North Golf Course, The Natural, Michaywe’ The Pines, Indian River Golf Club, Threetops, Masterpiece, Signature, Premier and Tradition at Treetops Resort, Gaylord Golf Club, Black Lake Golf Club, Fountains, Monarch, Reflections and Swampfire at Garland Lodge & Golf Resort all have some 2022 openings.
3. Comfortable lodging: 21 lodging partners, and that includes lodging very close to the golf courses you will play, in town, on a local lake, on a course and at a number of comfortable price points.
4. Multiple food options: The golf resorts and courses of the Mecca have multiple dining options and you have the ever-expanding restaurant market in Gaylord. Craft beer, fine dining, casual dining, Gaylord has it all.
5. Service: The Gaylord Golf Mecca has been marketed cooperatively for over 30 years in large part due to the outstanding customer service provided by golf and lodging properties. Groups return year after year because of the great golf, lodging and dining, but also because they receive excellent treatment in our community and even make friends. Gaylord is a welcoming, friendly place!