THE GAYLORD GOLF MECCA: 18 Reasons to FALL For It!
By Greg Johnson
1. Trees for miles with colorful leaves and vistas you will not believe. In fact, you have to see it to believe it.
3. The Mecca has 21 lodging partners with everything from luxury condominiums to rustic cabins, new hotels, cozy hideaways and more.
4. You can get here on a fall weekend so easily: Traverse City’s Cherry Capital Airport (TVC) is a scenic stress-free 60-mile drive away and serviced by American, Delta and United.
5. For road warriors, it’s just 180 miles from Grand Rapids, 230 miles from Detroit, 360 from Chicago and 385 from Cleveland. Roll on up in the morning, play in the afternoon.
6. We can name drop with the designers of the courses here, as in Robert Trent Jones Sr., Tom Fazio, Rick Smith, Wilfred Reid, Rees Jones, Gary Koch, Jerry Matthews and more. Come experience their artistic golf creations!
7. You can truly get away from it all, especially on a course like The Natural where you play 18 different adventures in nature.
8. Indian River Golf Club is part of the wonderful Indian River community that welcomes visitors for a round of golf on a fun course with understated classic lines.
9. Black Lake Golf Club not only has the acclaimed course designed by Rees Jones cut through amazing Northern Michigan terrain, but it is always in perfect shape.
10. Treetops Resort, which has five courses, is named Treetops for a reason. You can see from many spots so many beautiful trees, and in the fall its as if Mother Nature is showing off her best stuff!
11. Garland Lodge & Golf Resort named its courses Fountains, Monarch, Reflections and Swampfire. Those names fit, too. It is gorgeous here!
12. Lakes of the North Golf Course fits into a beautiful, relaxing, quiet, natural setting where people go to do whatever they choose. If you choose a little golf, this is the place.
13. Gaylord Golf Club has been highly regarded for years upon years. The reason is because it has been that good for years and years. Play it and see if you can find a better set of greens anywhere.
14. Otsego Resort has two courses, including The Tribute, which is not only a tribute to the golf design of former PGA Tour player Gary Koch, but to nature as well. You’ll say wow a lot when you look about from the tees here! Bring a camera.
15. Michaywe’ Pines provides the classic course style many golfers grew up enjoying, only tucked into the lush Northern Michigan woods. It’s a favorite stop of many.
18. We have mentioned the trees, colors, golf, dining, lodging and extra fun – which tells you Gaylord is the entire package. Fall for it and visit. Book a package. Call 800-345-8621 or click on gaylordgolfmecca.com.